Join the BRCC
There is no doubt that Bird Rock is a very special place with its natural setting, a fantastic elementary school, and its strong sense of community. The Bird Rock Community Council is a unique neighborhood organization with a voluntary membership of residents, merchants, and property owners that advocates for the neighborhood based upon direct participation of and consensus building among the Bird Rock residents and merchants.
We are grateful for new members and those that renew year after year, because they understand that by working together we are stronger and can do more to protect and enhance our community.
So what does the BRCC do for the community? As an all-volunteer organization we are involved in the following:
- Conducting monthly meetings and providing information about community events and activities that affect Bird Rock via the bi-monthly Bird Rock Newsletter, BRCC website (www.birdrockcc.org), social media feeds, and BRCC emails;
- Supporting projects that enhance the commercial district including lighting and Bird Rock signage; Supporting local volunteer groups that enhance Bird Rock;
- Overseeing the award winning Bird Rock Maintenance Assessment District (MAD);
- Conducting and/or supporting fun community events (e.g., BirdStock, Halloween Window Painting, 4th of July Parade, Happy Hours, and Holiday Party);
- Launching a new and improved Bird Rock Discount App with offers and discounts at local merchants, exclusively for current BRCC Members;
- Improving communications between the Bird Rock community and the La Jolla Community Planning Association, which makes recommendations to the City and other governmental agencies on land use matters; and
- Improving communication between members of the Bird Rock community and their elected representatives at the city, county, state, and national levels.
DUES ARE ONLY $50/YEAR FOR REGULAR MEMBERS
OR $100 FOR BUSINESSES
AND INCLUDE THE NEW BIRD ROCK DISCOUNT APP*
~ ALL DUES ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE ~
The membership year is january to December
(Memberships are not pro-rated but dues received on or after November 1st are credited towards the following year.)